1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Physically challenged people_consequences_ for Implementation of ISO 9001-2015

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by siba shankar sahu, Mar 5, 2019.

1. siba shankar sahu

siba shankar sahu New Member

Our organization is into E-commerce business & warehouse operation, we are going to implement ISO 9001-2015 but I have a query on this for physically challenged people =especially deaf and dumb staffs.

It was observed that few Differently able (physically challenged) - especially deaf and dumb members have been engaged as Off role employees in our business operations,

In ISO 9k perspective, what is action plans for them and does it affect our ISO implementation and what wind of documented information we required (Training to physically challenged ?, Scan copy of the Qualification proof (educational proof) for deaf and dumb language teachers engaged for these trainings ?)

what are consequences we will face for Implementation of ISO 9001-2015

2. Graham Thorpe

Graham Thorpe Member

I am not sure what an Off role employee is. Is is someone working in your company but being paid by some other organisation?

I think they should be as any other agency staff. If they can do the job they can do the job but may need slightly different training.

3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

Regardless of their disability, they need to be competent for the job they are doing. Nothing really changes that. You may need some accommodations to help with that competence.

4. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

We have multiple hearing impaired personnel and people with reading difficulties, we just spend more time with the one. one of the deaf guys is our best painters. You just make reasonable accommodation, however, if you're assembling circuit boards a very precise job function you wouldn't be able to accommodate someone with Parkinson's. At my previous location we had a lifting arm to help lift heavy lead acid batteries. so im agreeing with golfman25 if they can do the job its fine even if you have to accommodate them, maybe just put the accommodation in the personnel file.
    We keep applications and SMART goal forms to prove competence and conformance to the standards
    Hope this helps