1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

New update on Control Plan elements

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by TSENGYUNLI, Aug 10, 2022.

1. TSENGYUNLI

TSENGYUNLI New Member

Hello everyone this is TS from Taiwan, we are vehicle cable builder, achieving IATF in past two years. I have heard the control plan must be update since 3rd season 2021. I still use old one, should I worry about I ll get the NC during audit this year. However I just check IATF official web which release the new SI-25
    : element of control plan needs to include, at a minimum, the following contents: General data
    a) control plan number
    b) issue date and revision date, if any
    c) customer information (see customer requirements)
    d) organizations name/site designation
    e) part number(s) or common control plan designation
    f) part name/description
    g) engineering change level
    h) phase covered (prototype, pre-launch, production)
    i) key contact j) part/process step number
    j) part/process step number
    k) process name/operation description
    l) functional group/area responsible.

May I see you guys new CP with all new elements if possible, I upload my CP, how I gonna fix it?

Attached File(s): 1. Scan for viruses before using. 2. Report any 'bad' files by reporting this post. 3. Use at your own Risk.:

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Who told you there needs to be an update?

qmr1976 likes this.
  3. Enghabashy

Enghabashy Member

I see that you reference is the last version of APQP which contain referenced table
    -2nd point that you should provide evidence for the regular reviewing at least yearly

4. TSENGYUNLI

TSENGYUNLI New Member

So.......my CP looks no problem?

5. TSENGYUNLI

TSENGYUNLI New Member

Yeah.....It's the version where I found in official web, that's why I am thinking about should I update my CP?
    not sure what evidence should I provide it? I just heard and saw the official web where noticed the new SI and it tells CP should contain those elements
    Could you gyu help me to figure it out?

6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

If you update all you need to show is how you used your document control process to manage it.

7. Enghabashy

Enghabashy Member

I see that we should prove that the FMEA, control plan , the CSR, engineering documents, IATF standard & other relevant STDs are periodically revised ;still valid , you can initiate documents review yearly plan/schedule which could be enough to prove that the documents are still adequate & in its last version; the schedule should be shared with other relevant departments , i.e. : the control plans & process FMEA are relevant of production / workshop head ; hence the schedule should reflect his responsibility / Sig. as well

8. Ambrose

Ambrose Member

Hi, I do not see ERROR PROOFING Column refer to ANNEX A on page 55 under evaluation methods.

9. RonR Quality Pro

RonR Quality Pro Active Member

Just a point of clarification - there is no requirement that documents be REVISED - only that they are REVIEWED......the distinction is important. If the document works for you the way it currently exists, and covers all your customer specific requirements, then there is no need to revise it......but you DO need to review it on a regular basis, to ensure all the information is still correct and current.