1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

New shipping location

Discussion in 'APQP and PPAP' started by Anerol C, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Anerol C

Anerol C Member

Hello,

We are an automotive company, we have a warehouse (remote site), we will start shipping from this site, what does apply since and ISO TS 16949/PPAP point of view, in order to meet requirements.

Thanks in advance for your input.
    AC

2. Anerol C

Anerol C Member

I have reviewed AIAG PPAP Customer Notification sections and I don't see that we need to PPAP due to the change. Any feedback will be appreciated.

3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I would say you need to check with your customer. I suspect it would depend how much of your "process" will take place at the new location.

4. Anerol C

Anerol C Member

Basically, the finish goods will be taken from warehouse, prepare for shipping, dock audit inspection and shipment. Early containment for all products is considered due the location changes.

5. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I would say depending on the importance of storage and/or packaging, they may want a PPAP which covers packaging, labeling etc.

6. johnnymo77

johnnymo77 Active Member

I believe your warehouse would need to be listed on your TS16949 cert and all of the processes there are included in your Quality System.