1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Needs and Expectations of Interested Parties

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Annie Andaya, May 24, 2019.

1. Annie Andaya

Annie Andaya New Member

Hi I am new here..... If anyone can help me.. how can I evidence evaluation of compliance has been done to an identified interested party..thanks

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking from an auditor's point of view? Are you asking what you should expect, as an auditor, an organization to show you?

Or, are you asking on behalf of an organization, HOW to demonstrate compliance?

Firstly, who are the "interested parties"? Customers, product users, employees, stakeholders, suppliers, etc Then, what are their needs and expectations?

Where is the best place to maintain this information? In the Management Review records.

Annie Andaya likes this.
  3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

Even before the requirements about interested parties were highlighted by the 2015 version, I'm certain that your organization had already established a lot of ways in ensuring conformity/compliance with the requirements of interested parties. For examples:
    • for customers - records of inspections of your products against their requirements, results of surveys;
    • for regulatory bodies - results of their area inspections, assessments, accreditations, certifications, permitting, licensing, etc;
    • for contractors or business partners - results of the review contracts or service-level agreements;
    • for the owners or shareholders - results of their review of the revenue of the organization;
    • for top management - results of the evaluation of their set objectives;
    • for labor unions - results of the review on collective labor agreements.

Annie Andaya likes this.
  4. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

I would just keep it in a worksheet -- interested party down the first column. Their needs and expectations in the second column. And as Andy indicates, review and update during management review.

5. KyleG

KyleG Active Member

I have my Relevant interested listed in my quality manual, and then it is a topic in management review.

Annie Andaya likes this.
  6. Andy Nichols

I think it's even easier than this, Tony!

Customers: Quality products, delivered on time
    Employees: Meaningful work, reasonable pay
    Management: Processes which work to meet the objectives, equipment etc.
    Stakeholders: Happy customers, low cost of Operations
    Suppliers: Good relationships, reasonable pricing, paid on time

7. Annie Andaya

Annie Andaya New Member

This is from the auditee's point of view and yes on how to demonstrate compliance.
    you are correct on the interested parties.
    And there is already a statement on the Mgt Review that needs and expectations were met.. but we are still asked to evidence it...

Also we have shown a table with the following info; Interested parties, needs and expectations, compliance (yes or no)

8. Annie Andaya

Annie Andaya New Member

Thanks so much I think this answers my question. yes you are correct that we already have these actions
    Do you think i can monitor or evidence the evaluations of these actions in the risk assessment / registry? Aside from making a statement in the Mgt review?

9. Andy Nichols

Your management review SHOULD be reviewing information about this - it doesn't need over complication with risk registers and such (which is making the "risk and opportunity" requirements more complex too!)

10. Andy Nichols

An external auditor is asking you to provide evidence? Sounds like you've done that.

11. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

What evidences you are referring to? If you are referring to "evidence of evaluation of compliance", refer to post#3. If you're referring to "evidence of compliance", refer to post#6.
    Not necessary and, Andy is right, this will complicate things for your organization. Actually, there is no requirement that you maintain a list of interested parties in the quality manual or a spreadsheet of interested parties with corresponding columns on their needs and expectations. However, if you find value on these approaches, then, by all means, maintain a list or spreadsheet.

Annex A.6 of the standard even mentioned this statement:

Where this International Standard refers to “information” rather than “documented information” (e.g. in
    4.1: “The organization shall monitor and review the information about these external and internal issues”),
    there is no requirement that this information is to be documented. In such situations, the organization
    can decide whether or not it is necessary or appropriate to maintain documented information.

The records and results of the "evaluation of compliance" that your organization had been maintaining prior to your "ISO journey" can already satisfy the requirement in clause 4.2 which specifies "The organization shall monitor and review information about these interested parties and their relevant requirements". ISO/TS 9002:2016 (Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2015), in Section 4.2, provided this statement for guidance:

To understand the needs and expectations of relevant interested parties, several activities and methods
    can be carried out. They include working with those responsible for the processes or by using methods
    that allow the gathering of information. Methods include, but are not limited to:
    — reviewing orders received;
    — reviewing statutory and regulatory requirements with compliance or legal departments;
    — lobbying and networking;
    — participating in relevant associations;
    — benchmarking;
    — market surveillance;
    — reviewing supply chain relationships;
    — conducting customer or user surveys;
    — monitoring customer needs, expectations and satisfaction.

The organization should have robust systems in place to monitor and review the relevant requirements
    of its interested parties. Monitoring and reviewing can be done by using the organization’s processes
    related to customer requirements, design and development of products and services, and (at a more
    strategic level) during management review.

etorresg and Andy Nichols like this.
  12. Annie Andaya

Annie Andaya New Member

Thank you Sir for the time to reply in details. We now have a clearer picture.