1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

NC about planning.

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by deawpiaro, Dec 10, 2019.

1. deawpiaro

deawpiaro New Member

I think 8.1 talk about how to prepare organization before you have order.

and 8.2 talk about how to handling when you receive order from customer.

Please suggest to me . where is the state of plan for production or service to achieve customer order ?.
    i confuse, because plan for production or service (8.1 plan) should come after you have 8.2 (order from customer)

Thank you..

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @deawpiaro and welcome to the site.

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but I believe you are asking about the difference and sequence between 8.1 and 8.2

Clauses 8.1 and 8.2 tend to overlap and not follow a true sequence (the entire standard never remains in a true sequential state .)

Clause 8.1 "generally" establishes the requirements and controls for both your processes and product (or service). ["determining requirements for products and services"] NOTE: This statement verbatim is repeated in clause 8.2.2]
    This addresses your question: "where is the state of plan for production or service to achieve customer order ?"

Clause 8.2 Speaks to reviewing contracts PRIOR to accepting the business (prior to business start) and also speaks to reviewing PRIOR to accepting individual orders (after business start.) This is likely causing your confusion specific to your comment: "(8.1 plan) should come after you have 8.2 (order from customer)"

Hope this helps.
    Be well

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  3. Leonid

Leonid Well-Known Member

8.1 is a preamble and outline of the whole chapter 8 Operations. It addresses the application of the process approach for planning and control of operations aimed to achieve requirements for the products and services and perform criteria for the processes and acceptance of products and services. Planning assumes availability of a plan; control uses performance evaluation.

4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

In a manufacturing setup, production planning after receiving a customer order is a bit different from the intentions of Operational Planning in clause 8.1. Production planning is more specific to the schedule of production, the materials to be released for production, the schedule of workers, etc. This process is typically owned by the Production Planning/Control Department.

8.1 of the standard has a larger scope. It covers all the processes needed to produce the organization's products/services. Other than production schedules/plans, processes such as product quality planning, product design and development, resource planning, manufacturing feasibility, documentation of control plans and work instructions, production part approval process, etc. are included.

5. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

It will depend upon the scope, your products/services and other issues. Please elaborate.