1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

My Compliance ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by MattA, Sep 28, 2020.

1. MattA

MattA New Member

Afternoon all, I am new to this forum and reasonably new to the world of ISO certifications. Has anyone on here had experience of 'My Compliance' and if so have you ran the associated 9001:2015 Internal Audit. Some of the terminology is difficult to get your head around and I am struggling with certain pieces of evidence to satisfy various criteria.

Thanks

2. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site @MattA ;
    Is "my compliance" a company?

Can I infer from your post that "my compliance" is a company that sells a canned internal "checklist" or some other over the counter audit "tool"?

3. MattA

MattA New Member

Hi John. Thank you for your response.

'My Compliance' is exactly as you have concluded. Our company have recently began using it to help us with our audit process and help prepare for surveillance audits for our 9001, 14001 and 45001 certifications.

I'm guessing from your response that you are not overly keen on such systems?

4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @MattA ;
    I'm not familiar with that company/software. It may indeed be a very helpful tool.

I would caution, however, that there are numerous companies that have jumped on the "ISO" bandwagon, simply to make a $. Just be sure that you/your organization FIRST (prior to purchasing/utilizing any software/contracts...
    1- Become familiar with the standard and the requirements. If this is your organization's first time, consider a competent/recommended consultant to at least weigh in periodically and review your preparation status.
    2- Ensure that everything done is FOR and in the best interest of YOUR organization. If you're a well established organization, be cautious about adding costs and labor simply to satisfy an auditor. (i.e. reveres engineer and view the standard through the "eyes" of what your organization already does.)

Avoid any "canned" solutions (i.e. preestablished "procedures", audit plans, etc...). It is impossible for someone to sell you "canned" solutions that are specific to the needs of your organization.

I'm a digital fan and in the right context, some software can be helpful. If this is a new management system, however, I would council that it's too soon to know what software (if any) you need/want. If it doesn't work "on paper" then it won't work via a software (i.e. any software should simply manage what your organization has already established.)

You're in the right place. There are many individuals on this forum who will provide you valuable assistance and insight.

Hope this helps.
    Be well.

tony s, Parag Kumar and Andy Nichols like this.
  5. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Just to add on to the excellent advice provided by @John C. Abnet, I would caution against thinking that audit software can replace competent auditor. The software may provide some guidance but certainly can't look at everything a competent auditor will consider.

6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

If I may also throw in my 2 cents: Auditing is frequently thought of as "something to get done" and centers on the completion of a checklist. That's when the use of "canned" checklists (frequently a restatement of ISO requirements as a question) leads to problems - and the software simply leverages technology. Experience shows that the software is frequently created by people who have zero practical experience of these requirements, but can code like crazy. BTW: Did you ever read the book "Checklist Manifesto"? (by Atul Gawande).

In offering such solutions, 2 fundamentals of human nature are overlooked: Ownership of the creation of the management system and the tools and that all businesses are not clones of each other. At a 30,000 foot level, they are similar, but each has it's uniqueness and that cannot be replicated in software.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    tony s, Parag Kumar and John C. Abnet like this.