1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

MSA Template for Destructive measurement systems ( Variability Studies; V3 &V4)

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by bbzenzof, Oct 27, 2015.

1. bbzenzof

bbzenzof Member

Dear All,

We have just audited last week and one of the findings were related to MSA Studies for Destructive Testing.
    Is there anybody there legally & willing to share your Variable Studies template.

Thanks in Advance.

bbzenzof

2. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

Could you elaborate on the finding? for example, were you not performing any MSA studies on destruct testing or were performing them incorrectly (in the opinion of the auditor).

Are you regulated under AIAG guidelines or are you free to select which approach you can take?

Also, what kind of destruct testing are you performing? Technically, the analysis of a destruct test MSA might be far different than for a standard MSA where the parts can be measured multiple times without affecting the part. So simply acquiring a 'variables template' may not help you...

I have a spreadsheet for MSA in my resources section (Quality engineering resources under the resources tab on the upper left corner of the forum) that you can take a look at along with some other MSA resources you may find helpful. Also check out Miner's blogs on MSA in the resources section.

3. bbzenzof

bbzenzof Member

For this type of test, yes we are not performing the MSA Studies and honestly for now no idea yet on how to start. Fortunately this test is not part of the Customer requirements in the particular process it was found. The test is primarily on the Strip force where in we are checking the value to remove the insulation from the conductor core, BTW our products are Low Voltage, primary core insulated wire for ISO/SAE/JASO Specifications.
    As for whether we are regulated under AIAG guidelines, I believed we are free to choose though need to review more on this guidelines since we are Tier 2 Supplier.

I will explore the resource section as recommended however your kindness will surfely help me navigate towards a better understanding.

4. AYDOSE

AYDOSE New Member

For destructive testing we are using nested ANOVA method, which the method described in MSA manual. Hope this helps.