1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Moving Facilites

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by Robert Sisneros, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Robert Sisneros

Robert Sisneros Member

What standard do certifying body go by to do move verification audits for an AS9100 certified company? Can anyone point me to the right standard? We are moving but it looks like it will be a month or two after the currently scheduled surveillance audit for us.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

The basic ruling specification is ISO/IEC 17021 and then any IAQG rules they must follow. I'd suggest you speak with your registrar's Technical person, responsible for their AS 91XX accredited service. I can ask my friend at the registrar where I worked, since he's on the AAQG too...

3. Robert Sisneros

Robert Sisneros Member

Our audit is scheduled late November but it looks like we may move December or no later than January. But since out scheduled audit is before the move, they have 3 months after we move to do a move verification audit which i am not sure exactly what that would involve. Do they just look at the building or is it a Chevy Chase/Grand Canyon/bob your head/Quick look, the bill will be coming in the mail type of thing?

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Well, it’s really going to depend on the professionalism of the auditor. The registrar will quote you how many days. It will likely involved an audit of manufacturing to ensure consistency of output with the previous facility, plus some key activities like internal audits and management review. Possibly change control. Your auditor may not be as diligent…

5. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

When we moved under IATF it was basically a recertification audit. I would think you should try to delay your surveillance audit and start fresh in the new place.