Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Minimum receiving inspection

Discussion in 'Sampling, Standards and Inspection' started by APanteva, Sep 14, 2019 at 12:11 AM.

1. APanteva

APanteva New Member

I am looking for the most optimal receiving inspection plan, because the test is time consuming.
    Our vendor claims their outgoing reject rate is 0.03%. We receive batches of 900 pcs at a time.
    If I select AQL=0.25 (the defect is critical), per double sampling plan the sampling size in best case should be 50/100. Is there a way for me to lower the sampling size without increasing the AQL too much?

2. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

When you have a critical defect and need a low defect rate - or no defects - inspection is not useful. It will only protect you if the defect rate spikes in a lot.
    You would benefit more by focusing on controls at the supplier for the process inputs and SPC on continuous data if possible or automated visual inspection of some type if the defect is truly categorical in nature.

Also remember that the AQL is ACCEPTABLE defect rate. If this is a critical defect you are probably better off with an RQL plan bu that would increase your sample size even more so you are back to my first recommendation.