1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Management commitment

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by aneta_r, May 11, 2016.

1. aneta_r

aneta_r New Member

Hello All,
    I am new to this forum so at first I would like to say hello to everyone...
    I am writing here simply because I ma losing my mind and all the excitement with new ISO 9001:2015 implementation.
    We are certified to ISO 9001, 14001 and ohsas 18001. few weeks ago we have started transition to 9001:2015 and 14001:2015. In brief:
    The approach we took is workshop sessions with external consultant and process owner and personnel where we work through context analysis, identification of stakeholders and finally through the risks and opportunities.
    So far all workshops were very constructive, and helpful to understand RBT until today....
    Today i received an email from one of the managers saying that there is an increasing amount of risk assessment sessions ( within his business unit they had 2 sessions: one with him as business unit manager and one for sales process with account managers). he is cancelling session with production process owner and Purchasing process owner......due to lack of time, man-hours spent, travel expenses....

What to do ?????
    Thinking about 2 options:
    1. inform CEO and let him deal with it
    2. stop 9001:2015 implementation due to lack of commitment

Rgds,Aneta

MCW8888 likes this.
  2. MCW8888

MCW8888 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard the QFO!! First be cool. Approach your CEO and discuss the RISK to the business if you/ or anyone else do not attend this class. One risk I think of is this: you will lose the opportunity of improving the business. You will always be on a CRISIS or FIRE FIGHTING mode. This is a culture change.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Option 3: Get the consultant to change strategy. Doing one to one events for ALL processes/owners may be nice for their revenues, but clearly not cost effective! I'd be asking the consultant why they were doing this:
    more than once or twice. Context etc isn't process dependent, neither is stakeholder etc. I'm coming around to thinking the consultant may not be as understanding of ISO 9001:2015 implementation as they appear to be...

4. MCW8888

Good luck to your endeavor

5. David Sanabria

David Sanabria Active Member

I think you have a consultant that needs money and is really complicating the issue - if the consultant can not explaining to you - find another one. You manager is on to something so find out what is going on. It appears that your consultant is a professor at a university with limited manufacturing experience and lacks common sense.

6. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like it, doesn't it?
    How do you get there? It's a little harsh, isn't it?

7. MCW8888

You need to hire a consultant that is fit for purpose. Therefore, maybe you should change the consultant with someone with manufacturing experience.