Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Major NC - Copy of IATF16949 standard

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Abdel_MR, May 5, 2024.

1. Abdel_MR

Abdel_MR New Member

Dears,
    Recently, I passed IATF16949 audit and external auditor requested to see a copy of IATF16949 standard and said that if the plant doesn't have a copy of this standard, he will raise then a Major NC. Is there any rule describing this requirement?
    Thanks.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

How could your organization have passed the audit without knowing what is in the IATF standard?

3. Abdel_MR

Abdel_MR New Member

Sorry. I see no relation between knowing IATF clauses and having a copy of this standard. I can know very well IATF standard clauses through training via external qualified organism and without getting in my hand IATF standard.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Andy Nichols

Maybe, although a) if they aren't including copies of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 with the training, how do you know they didn't copy the requirements with errors in their reproduction and b) if they did copy the standard, that would be a copyright infringement.

Do not forget that the CAB auditor must also be guided by the IATF "Rules". Do you have access to that document? Was that included in your training?

Now, if you had access, for example, to copies through a local library or similar, then there's no issue...

5. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

So the question is whether there is a requirement that an individual plant has a copy of the IATF standard. I am not aware of any such requirement, but can see how an auditor can create one. There could be many instances where a plant doesn’t have an individual copy of the standard. Maybe they are part of a larger organization and the quality guy has it. Or maybe a smaller company uses a consultant who has the copy. Etc.

Abdel_MR and Andy Nichols like this.
  6. Andy Nichols

If he does, simply reject it back to the Certification Body and ask them where the requirement is... Also, you can advise them that the auditor will not be welcome in future.

Abdel_MR likes this.