1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Looking for Recommendations on Nonconformance Management Software

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Carl Leach, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Carl Leach

Carl Leach New Member

I work for a small company which currently has two separate systems for product non-conformance reporting and process non-conformance reporting. All the data is managed in two separate spreadsheets and is manually inputted from NCR forms. CAPA is also administered from the same spreadsheets. We also run reports and graphs from both of these spreadsheets, reporting number raised and closed in a month, cost, etc.

As I'm sure you can imagine, the maintenance of this can become a little unwieldy and time-consuming, so we are looking for a software solution. I've looked at various offerings and many of them are cloud based, with ongoing monthly subscriptions, but we would rather have it installed locally on our servers. Many of them are also at a cost that I would find hard to justify. Any solution must be capable of capturing the non-conformance information, tasking people on CAPA, tracking and reporting. Any suggestions?

2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Atlassian's JIRA *can* accomplish what you describe - and can be hosted locally (cloud option available, too). It's not too expensive. It's not specifically designed for that so you'd have to customize the workflow. It's not too difficult, though. (Disclaimer: no financial ties to Atlassian.)

Most of the other systems are more comprehensive, covering doc control, training, complaints, ... and have CAPA and NC modules. If you want to limit scope, those solutions may not be good for you. (QT9, for example, is one of the more lower-cost systems I've seen - and also no ties with them.)

3. Carl Leach

Carl Leach New Member

Many of the solutions I have looked at are into tens of thousands and TBH, I would find that difficult to justify.

As yodon has mentioned, may of them have far more functionality than we require and we are just looking for a more time efficient means of controlling NCRs. I think we need a database solution where the form feeds the data and the data has a manageable workflow.

I'm no programmer or database expert, so was hoping there was a solution out there at a lower price point. I know that to a certain extend we would need to customise some aspects to our requirements.

4. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day @Carl Leach ;
    I sent you a DM...please take a look.

This is not the site/location to monetize/advertise, etc... ,however, I do own the rights to a very practical data base that I designed a few years ago. It was reversed designed (i.e. started with the filters and REPORTS that I wanted to be able to get out of it).

I have had it "scrubbed" (made generic) and am now working to make it available to organizations. Depending on where you are located, I might be interested in simply "giving" it to your organization for a limited time to see if/how you like it.

Feel free to reach out "here" (via DM) or you can find my contact information on linkedIn @ ..
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnabnet-rakumanagementsystems/