1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO's Guidance on the Requirements for Documented Information of ISO 9001:2015

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Craig Dixon, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Craig Dixon

Craig Dixon Member

Has anyone found this paper useful.

Available at:
    www.iso.org/tc176/sc02/public

I am going to give it a read before revising my manual to bring it in line with the 2015 standard.

2. Leonid

Leonid Well-Known Member

It is comprehensive like encyclopedia, instructive as guidance and provides a wider focus on the subject matter than ISO 9001:2015. In particular, Section 7 teaches how to demonstrate conformity with ISO 9001:2015. Its last bullet point is worth citing: “Where the organization has no specific documented information for a particular activity, and this is not required by the standard, it is acceptable for this activity to be conducted using as a basis the relevant clause of ISO 9001:2015. In these situations, both internal and external audits may use the text of ISO 9001:2015 for conformity assessment purposes”.

3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I have found that site to be extremely useful and provide the link to my clients in my audit follow up emails.

The site is listed in the standard's annex in any case, which hints the technical committee is hoping you will reference it and find it useful.