1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

ISO Accreditation Bodies - LRQA or BSI, who offers the best service?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Lawrence84, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Lawrence84

Lawrence84 Member

Hi,

We are a medium sized business (48 employees) who is looking to gain ISO 9001:2015 accreditation.

I have been in contact with 2 companies so far LRQA & BSI, my first preference was LRQA due to a 3 day course I attended with them, but I don't want to be bias and want to pick to best possible option.

Has anyone got any feedback they could offer in regards to the services and accreditation process LRQA or BSI offer?

Thanks

Lawrence

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Lawrence: "Best" is a difficult call. Based on personal experience, neither are "stellar" in their services across a number of criteria. Have you looked at the ANAB website to see if either have been suspended etc? Also, have you looked into their client retention?

David Sheaffe likes this.
  3. Lawrence84

Lawrence84 Member

Hi Andy, I have looked on the ANAB website but can not see any issues etc. I have also asked them to supply me with client retention stats etc.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. David Sheaffe

David Sheaffe Member

Andy is right, "best" is really down to your organisation. We currently use LRQA and are pretty happy with them and I have also had experience with a range of other bodies in the past and personally, the main contributor to the 'quality' of the certification body is the auditor (and not the organisation). Even within one certification body I have had very different experiences based on the auditor.

My 2 cents, do your due diligence on both CBs and unless there is a stand-out, go with your gut. Worst case if you start using a CB and are not happy with the auditor that they assign, raise it with the CB - if it is an issue with the CBs processes/administration, it is not a big deal to transfer your certification to another body.