Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Internal Audits in very small businesses

Discussion in 'ISO 19011 - Auditing Management Systems Guidelines' started by Andy Nichols, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Guy Léger

Guy Léger Member

I understand and respect all of your opinions, and situations, but I am just trying to share situations of my own experience...

Sincerely,

2. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

You forgot Myself and I.

3. Eric Twiname

Eric Twiname Well-Known Member

I canned them both last year...they wouldn't follow proper procedures and kept badmouthing the auditor (me).

4. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

We appreciate you sharing your experiences, especially as it sounds as if they have occurred in a part of the world where most of our members have little exposure.

The definition of the small business provided is interesting in that it shows the variation in how each country operates.

The OP - or original post - and even the title indicate that this is about very small businesses. Not just small...VERY small. @Eric Twiname gives a great example of his company with 3 people. It is this size of company that we were discussing...where people are the process owners for multiple processes and work side-by-side every day. Communication is not usually an issue with these individuals - between the continual interaction and the fact process owner for quality and production could be the very same person so no actual communication is required.

Now, if you were to ask about documentation instead of communication, we could probably have a very interesting discussion, but that would be taking this thread off-topic.

So, sticking to the idea of internal audits and VERY small businesses, how do you see internal audits adding value, @Guy Léger ? I offered one possibility in Post #13 of this thread, but it requires a characteristic not always found in people.