1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Integration of multiple standards & BMS compliance

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Mat Nunn, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Mat Nunn

Mat Nunn New Member

Hi all,

I work for a very small company within the insurance industry and we have just received re certification following our final surveillance audit from the British Assessment Bureau. We were audited on the 2008 version of the 9001 standard and we also have 14001 & 27001.

We must implement the 2015 standards of the 9001 & 14001 by next June (2018) and we are looking to integrate all 3 of our standards in to one 'Business Management System' - we have been told that it is possible to do this however our BAB representative stated he wasn't aware that it had been done before.

I have created a template using the toolkits BAB issue for an integrated 9001 & 27001 and 9001 & 14001 and basically correlated any missing information from one of the templates in to the other, creating a template for all three.

I've not got to a stage where I'm fairly confident this is compliant however we would like confirmation that it is compliant as is so we can progress to updating other documents. BAB want to charge a vast amount of money to send a representative to us for the day. We do not require this and cannot justify the cost.

So my question is: Is there a company/body/person able to review the Business Management System (integrated manual) that I have created and advise on its compliance?

Would appreciate any feedback you could give,

Thanks
    Mat

KieuAn likes this.
  2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi Mat:

I'm amazed that BAB think it hasn't been done before (but then it was just one person). Maybe they mean those particular standards in you specific industry sector...who knows?

What are you looking for? A check of the paperwork integration? So, for example, that all your internal audits are aligned per 9.2? An actual check of integration, that is implementation of the BMS is going to be more than 1 day if it's to be a useful check and you'd have to have all your documents "aligned". Are you thinking of a check of a top level manual? If so, try Bywater-Excel or Shaun Sayer at Capable People - tell them I referred you. They've been in the game a long time. I'm guessing that, since you mention BAB, you're in the UK...

3. Mat Nunn

Mat Nunn New Member

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the information! We are indeed in the UK and we're simply looking for a review of the 'manual' itself as I know the documents within are present and aligned (other than what is provided in the 2015 toolkits e.g. Aspects & Impacts Register). That's why we don't want to pay for the visit as all it is is a simple look through of the combined manual to see if its compliant/relevant. Hope this makes sense.

Mat

KieuAn likes this.