1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Incoming goods inspection with process monitoring??

Discussion in 'Sampling, Standards and Inspection' started by ProcessEngineer87, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ProcessEngineer87

ProcessEngineer87 New Member

Hi guys,

I work as a production process engineer for a medium sized company in Germany. I have a question relating to a challenge im currently facing.

We are moving an entire production line (along with all the relevant processes) to another country due to substantially lower labor costs in said country. We will commision an external contractor to manufacture and assemble our products. Through our SPC system, we will be monitoring the measurement data through all steps of production in real time until the finished products are shipped to us here in Germany. What i would like to know, is.. will it be necessary to carry out an incoming goods inspection process (ie. AQL) for these goods even though the process was constantly monitored?

I would appreciate any advice in this regard. Thanks in advance!

2. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

I certainly would at first, then depending upon the reliability of the data, I would back off , but never completely. Spot checks would be part of random 'surprise' inspections after that.

3. ncwalker

ncwalker Well-Known Member

Agree with hhfarm. OEMs call it GP12 and Early Containment, etc. Basically, you do something different or new, you watch it more closely until you have proven stability in whatever control you have selected. Common sense, really. I will also add this ... consider the problem if you drop the inspections and there is a defect. Will it self-declare in YOUR process and not reach your customer? Will it crash your equipment resulting in a costly repair? Those kinds of things also contribute to choosing what to and not to check and how frequently. (Unless you have unlimited resources.)