1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

IMS - INDEX

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by Vibin Kumar, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Vibin Kumar

Vibin Kumar Member

Hai All,
    Im new to the forum. I have a doubt about IMS. Our existing IMS consists of QMS 2008, EMS 2008 & OHSAS 2007. Now I am Updating the documents to 2015 version. How should be the IMS index have to be changed. For QMS & EMS there are the same ten Clauses. So i will use the similar titles and add newly updated parts, But for the OHSAS there are some changes in the order. So how should be the index to made and arranged. Please give me a sample or example.

Thanks in ADVANCE

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Hello, Vibin. Welcome to QFO and congratulations on your first post!

Why don't you name the sections per your organization's processes and then have a matrix that shows how the applicable standards align with your organization? This is easier than trying to align your titles with multiple standards. Make the standards fit your organization, not the other way around.

For example, my IMS had four key sections:

• Plan
    • Do
    • Check
    • Act

We developed a matrix that showed where each section of the applicable standards fell into PDCA. Sometimes, yes, a section could fall under multiple sections. This is not a bad thing - it is simply a reflection of how we did business.

MCW8888 likes this.
  3. Vibin Kumar

Vibin Kumar Member

Hai Roxane, Thanks for information. I also have some other doubts regarding the Management Representative. MR is removed in the 2015 th version, So that means i have to remove it from the ims manual ? Please give me a explanation for that. How do i have to deal with that section in my existing manual
    I'm a beginner in this field, So please dont mind if my questions sound stupid o_O

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  4. RoxaneB

Your questions are not stupid, Vibin. We all started off knowing very little about ISO...I wish a place like QFO existed when I first entered the world of ISO 9001. :)

If you do a search here in QFO - the search bar should be in the upper right of your screen - for 'Management Representative ISO 9001:2015' you may find that we have already discussed this topic. That said, just because the standard DOES NOT have a Management Representative that does not mean your organization DOES NOT have a management representative. Your organization should develop what works best for it...what will add value to the organization and the stakeholders.

I would not be surprised to see that many organization's keep a Management Representative if only to help coordinative audits and management and help to guide the senior leadership into doing what they need to do.

Vibin Kumar likes this.
  5. RoxaneB

If you have questions on topics that are different from the original question you posted in this thread, you may wish to create a new thread in the appropriate area. Just a suggestion. :)

Atul Khandekar likes this.