1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

IATF 16949:202X??

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Carlee Gruizinga, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Carlee Gruizinga

Carlee Gruizinga Member

Good morning!

We are planning on working towards certifying our main site to IATF (we have on site that already has the certification). I was wondering when could we expect a new revision to IATF 16949? It is realistic to say that in a couple of years we will have a new version?

We had this happen with our ISO 14001 certification where we were certified to 2008 then quickly had to recertify to 2015 once that one was released.

Thank you!!
    -Carlee

2. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi Carlee! Great question! Did you know that, in October, there's an Automotive Industry conference which will likely discuss this issue? It's a car drive away and guess what? I'll be there! https://www.aiag.org/store/events/details?EventCode=E23QUALITY

Now, although the near future status of IATF isn't on the agenda, plenty of accessible people who should know, will be there. They did try to kick off a revision, to include the FAQ and SI's but my guess is they will hold off and wait to see what the ISO 9001 folks will do - and that's a long ways off as far as being certified goes. My advice? Full steam ahead! Go for it.

(If you need help, call me)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    John C. Abnet likes this.