1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

How to start with ISO process in project based team?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Sona P N, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Sona P N

Sona P N New Member

Hi,

I have been newly assigned the role of Quality Manager with zero experience in ISO or any Quality standards. My experience in quality is doing audits on customer support tickets and have a System Administration background. Ours is a startup company where we focus on CRM Consulting, Marketing Automation and custom applications development. Management wants to get ISO certified and reading through some of the ISO related sites, I understand it is required that all processes need documenting. We use Scrum as Agile process framework. We have dedicated project teams with dedicated Project Managers for each client and most projects are short term projects with delivery time of 1 to 3 months. We use Assembla as project management tool.

My questions are :

1. How do I identify what processes need documentation ?
    2. How should these be documented ? Any templates that would help me here?
    3. How can I verify these documents will suffice ?
    4. In regards to project documentation, since we used a project management tool and some project managers maintain minimal documents for their projects. How can I identify if these documents will be sufficient ?

I would appreciate your thoughtful insights.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome.

Firstly, if you are to lead this project you should - as with all projects - get a clear understanding of what the client - (your management) mean when they say "get ISO certified". Since there are others who have a stake in this - customers for example - what ISO are we speaking of? ISO 9001? ISO 20,001? ISO 27001? What?

Secondly< stop doing tis research on the web:
    because you will get all kinds of mythology in your "answers".

Answers:

1. You don't. It's not your job! Go to my first comments above.
    2. See the above. Templates aren't what you want, you need examples. A title, a line which tells the reader what the document is about and then a description of the process in whatever format works for your people. Templates are like cars. What do you want to drive? Would any car do?
    3. By internal audits.
    4. By talking to the people who are doing the work.

Do your homework with your management. If they can't answer the basics, whatever the "get ISO certified project is" it will fail. And you will be held accountable