1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

How to reduce claims?

Discussion in 'Other Quality and Business Related Topics' started by Kristof, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Kristof

Kristof Member

Hello there,

I have question to all.

Do You know simple way to reduce customer & supplier Complaints?

Which quality tools do You use?

Thank You for feedback.

Gr. Krisof

2. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

Have you spoken with your customers to find out why they are complaining? Have you looked at the data to look for trends in root cause or themes/patterns with the nature of the complaints?

Only once you know the root cause behind the complaints can you develop a plan to reduce them.

3. Kristof

Kristof Member

Roxane, Yes I spoken with my customer about complaining.

Can You tell me which quality tools will be best to reduce claims (i.e. 1st instance Pareto Diagram 2nd instance RCA -> Fishbone diagram/ brainstorm/ 5why)?

Thank You for feedback.

Gr. Kristof

4. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

In my opinion, there is no 'right/wrong' way to do your analysis, however, what would your pareto diagram be focused on? I like to use paretos as I drill down into the data. This allows me to focus on the largest impact to the situation. I do a pareto of the most generic group of data. Taking the #1 item on that pareto, I drill down on the next level of data and pareto it. I then take the #1 item on the 2nd pareto and drill down to the next level of data. And so on...

For example, I recently had to analyse our organizations lost revenue - this is money that we have not been paid even though we have done the work. This was my analysis for each of our sites across the organization - done to help them identify areas to focus on with their improvements:

1st pareto - Lost revenue per product line
    2nd pareto - (Focusing on the product line with the most amount of lost revenue) Lost revenue reason
    3rd pareto - (Focusing on the #1 lost revenue reason for the product line with the most amount of lost revenue) Root cause category
    4th pareto - (Focusing on the #1 root cause category for the #1 lost revenue reason for the product line with the most amount of lost revenue) Team

This allowed each site's leadership group to meet with their team that were having systematic issues that impacted our lost revenue. Sites that have used this data have dramatically reduced their lost revenue this year.