1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

How to implement clause 8 operation in facility maintenance

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by sunrize, Jan 21, 2020.

1. sunrize

sunrize Member

We are a company provide facility maintenance such as (painting, plumping, electrical work) we approve technicians based on their experience and then when client request a home maintenance, we ask technicians to submit their quote and the best one is chosen to do the job.

We are in process to implement ISO 9001:2015

my question regarding clause 8.1 and 8.5, how to implement these clauses

i hope if some one could help me in this ?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

These are suppliers? They aren't employees?

If contractors/suppliers, you have 2 options: You can a) scope the work and plan/define the manner in which work is to be performed and the contractor follows that or b) have the contractor do all that, (scope, planning, implementation) and you do an approval of their proposal.

3. sunrize

sunrize Member

ok we do option when, but we have a problem where in most of our business services there is not references standards to follow, so technican work based on their experience and we rely on customer feedback to correct any non conformance

but any way how we can implement clause 8? i hope to find a procedure as template to work

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

In that case you only have one option. Develop your own standards and then require your contractors (through your agreement) to comply. You know what the customers don't like, so build in the standards that give satisfaction. Have the contractors submit a plan to comply with the standards your developed. You may have to hand hold them. Others will understand and pick it up and run. Then audit the contractors implementation to the plan.

5. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Curious how you identify "the best one"?

Andy Nichols likes this.