1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Hi & a question...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GeoffH, Mar 4, 2019.

1. GeoffH

GeoffH New Member

Hi,
    I am a management consultant working in Queensland Australia. I have a client seeking certification for ISO17100:2015 Translation Services and ISO18841:2018 Interpreting Services. Apparently Australia has no certifying bodies for these standards.
    I have been seeking an overseas accreditation body able to accredit at a distance. (Apologies if my terminology is a bit out. This is a small part of a general consulting business, so I am not necessarily up-to-speed with the terminology.)
    I think I have found an organisation that can do this. In our correspondence it was mentioned that this can happen at a distance, as there is no official accreditation of these standards.
    I am hoping someone can explain what this means. (And maybe tell me which forum to post my question in.)
    Thank-you, ...Geoff

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Accreditation - the audit of a Certification Body (or, more correctly Conformity Assessment Body) is not going to work from a distance, if it is to be believable. The accreditation audit must visit both the offices and witness an audit of a client. You may be a bit ahead of the curve and suffering a lack of resources. This is never going to be a big market and I'd estimate only a handful of CBs - globally - will offer this.

3. GeoffH

GeoffH New Member

Thanks Andy, much appreciated.