1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Help with ISO9001:2015 Scope and Registration

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Joihn A., May 21, 2020.

1. Joihn A.

Joihn A. New Member

For ISO 9001 registration, we have a separate subsidiary company with a different product range that we manufacture on the same site. Our scope statement in our QA Manual (and made to our registrar) does not include these products.

I realize it is no problem to exclude these products from our scope statement and the registrar will not audit them. However, I am wondering what applies if we sell these excluded items installed on finished product that are in scope. I assume if we identify these items as excluded from ISO9001 on our website/marketing we should be OK.

Any help appreciated.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hello Joihn:

This happens once in a while. You treat the one company as an "outsourced" product. That's one of the reasons ISO 9001 changed terminology from "Purchasing" etc. As long as the products aren't generically similar descriptions it shouldn't be a problem. If your ISO 9001 Certified QMS scope is "Assembly of Bicycles" and the subsidiary company makes the wheels, it isn't implied that the wheels (or other components) are also made under the certified scope. It clearly states "assembly". If this doesn't explain, let us know what the scope/products are (generically).

tony s likes this.
  3. Joihn A.

Joihn A. New Member

Hi
    Thanks that explains it well.