1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Guidance on ISO 9001:2015 Transition

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Padym, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Padym

Padym Active Member

This is my first post under ISO 9001:2015 head. English is my second language.
    We are currently planning to kick off a internal project to transition to revised version i.e. ISO 9001:2015 after Mar'16. Our existing certificate is valid till Mar'17 and due for re certification audit.

Seek guidance on queries below:
    1. Can we combine re-certification audit on existing version and certification audit on ISO 9001:2015 by Mar'17 ? Quite positive that our systems will be ready for the requirements as in ISO 9001:2015.

2. Do we need to consult for external professional services for the transition project ? Suggest few options categories ?

3. If we want to do it utilizing our internal resources, can you suggest right approach, steps ? I mean with reasonable cost guidance tools, checklist or books on implementation.
    Can anybody share WBS project steps for ISO 9001:2015.

normzone likes this.
  2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yes - but check with you CB on what their plans are, too.
    Depends on what you think you need help with
    You are going to be in the vanguard of organizations going through the changes. "Right" approach is difficult, but might start with an analysis of the changes being put in front of management for their review. "Context of the organization" may be something new for them. They might never have considered that, who your interested parties are etc. Best to start right there...

normzone likes this.
  3. normzone

normzone Well-Known Member

Ah, good idea, [Andy Nichols], thank you for that. I came here looking for advice regarding where to purchase a copy of the revised standard.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. Safi99

Safi99 New Member

5. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

It is a good idea to start with your CB before contacting any consultants. Many CBs have put informational materials on their web sites.

The ISO Technical Committee TC 176 has also published guidance. I suggest you read the standard carefully, then read the guidance documents. Also purchase ISO 9000; its definitions are relevant. Consider the similarities between what you are doing now and what the revised standard requires. There are so many similarities that I think you may find you do not need a consultant. It is important to recognize that the revised standard does not require specific technical tools like FMEA, or a formal risk management program. There is a reference to ISO 31000 but it is not required; it can be used for informational purposes.

I hope this helps!

David Bradley and selena15 like this.