1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Establishing a QMS conforming to ISO 9001:2008 for a real estate developer and construction company

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2008 - Quality Management Systems' started by Sandeep, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Sandeep

Sandeep New Member

Hi learned members,

I want to develop a QMS conforming to ISO 9001:2008 for a real estate development company. This will be my final project in my B. Tech. Degree.

So, what should I include in the Quality Manual? Please elaborate in detail.

Thanks for your inputs,

Regards,

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

The standard actually tells you what should be in the quality manual. If you include an organization chart, some details about the history of the company, that should be all that's necessary. (BTW, are you aware that ISO 9001:2008 is obsolete?)

3. Sandeep

Sandeep New Member

Thanks, Andy. Yeah, I am well aware that ISO 9001:2008 is obsolete, and is revised to ISO 9001:2015. Actually, I have completed all the degree courses in 2012, and was just left with an Industry based project. As I had been trained in 2012, the ISO system in effect at that time was 2008 version. So, my program head has asked me to submit the project taking into consideration what I have learned at that time.

After submitting my project, I will definitely go for an up gradation of my training form ISO 9001:2008 to the updated ISO 9001:2015.

Andy Nichols likes this.
  4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

The basic content is in ISO 9001:2008 clause 4.2.2. But our QM have other information in it that we want internal and external interested parties to know about our company's QMS. Our QM has the following outline:
    1. Introduction (Purpose, Revision, Distribution);
    2. Company Profile (Organizational Chart, Mission, Vision, Strategic Directions, Quality Policy);
    3. The Quality Management System
      1. Scope of the QMS (Scope Description, Justification for Exclusion, QMS Process Map)
      2. Management Processes (Strategic Planning, Performance Review, Internal Audit, Improvement Management)
      3. Core Processes (Business Development, Project Planning, Project Implementation, Project Monitoring, Project Turn-Over)
      4. Support Processes (HR Management, Infrastructure Management, Information Management, External Service Management)
    Documented procedures are referenced in the narrative descriptions (maximum 3 paragraphs) for each QMS process.