1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

EDQM PA/PH/CEP (04) 1, 6 R

Discussion in 'Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide' started by athenna_mk, Aug 15, 2019.

1. athenna_mk

athenna_mk New Member

Hi everybody,

I am not sure where to post my question. Sorry for the basic question but nobody seems to be able to answer my question. I already asked all People I know, online and offline as well Helpdesks. No answer till now.

I tried to understand following:

Manufacturer(s) (3.2.S.2.1):

Names and addresses of each manufacturer involved in the manufacturing process from the introduction of starting material(s) to the final substance should be listed in the application and their role explained.

Situation: a company buys material and sell it after (only) storing and packing it (retailer). In the sentence quoted, is the Company the manufacturer or must the Company start to look for Information at the supplier? In my case final substance is the same as the starting material if I consider the retailer as the manufacturer. But it is not the same if a consider the supplier as a manufacturer. He produces the product.

I would appreciate your help.

2. Atul Khandekar

Atul Khandekar Administrator Staff Member

Any takers ?
    Thanks.