1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Designated Manufacturing Inspection Representative (DMIR)

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by Sarasota Mike, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Sarasota Mike

Sarasota Mike New Member

2. Errhine

Errhine New Member

If you are asking about someone that can issue a 'NEW' 8130-3, you can find a list of DARs on the FAA Website. http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviation_industry/designees_delegations/designee_types/dar/
    DMIRs are limited to the manufacturer they are associated with and cannot write 8130-3's for everyone.

Are you the manufacturer of the PMA, trying to repair a PMA part, or trying to get a PN certified as PMA?

I can see a need to have a sub forum for FAA/EASA regulatory.:)

3. Jim Gardner

Jim Gardner Member

I agree. An FAA/EASA sub forum would be a welcome addition. Is it possible Atul?

4. Atul Khandekar

Atul Khandekar Administrator Staff Member

Suggestion noted. Thanks....I need to create a few other forums as well ...

Errhine and Jim Gardner like this.
  5. Sarasota Mike

Sarasota Mike New Member

We are the manufacturer of the PMAs. The company was relocated from Connecticut to Florida where we had the PMAs, but need to re-apply do to the move. I did get the list of DARs, thanks very much. Now I'm trying to figure out what function codes apply to our product line, as each DAR has different codes. I'm trying to get a DAR local to the Tampa area to save on travel cost. Any help on function codes?
    Thanks,

6. Sarasota Mike

Sarasota Mike New Member

7. Errhine

Errhine New Member

FAA Order 8100.8D can be found here
    http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_G...38625793d004d5d61/$FILE/FAA Order 8100.8D.pdf

This lists all of the function codes in section 15. I would suggest reaching out to the local MIDO http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/air_cert/locate_office/mido/

It may be in your best interest to send one of your regulatory minded staff to training for a DMIR designation which would be a far better permanent option for signing 8130-3s. The requirements for this Designee type are also in the FAA Order 8100.8D.

Good Luck!