1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Design and Development Plan

Discussion in 'ISO 13485 and ISO 14969 – Medical Devices QMS' started by Karly Chester Etzel, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Karly Chester Etzel

Karly Chester Etzel Member

Just wondering what resources people used to create their design and development plan template. We have a project charter, but my understanding is that the DDP is much more in-depth regarding details. Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I couldn't find much on ASQ, but that could be because I wasn't using the right language.

Thanks!

2. Marcelo Antunes

Marcelo Antunes Active Member

Any good book on product design or engineering design will have a lot of info on design and development planning.

I usually use as a basis Engineering Design: A Systematic Approach by Gerhard Pahl and W. Beitz and Total Design: Integrated Methods for Successful Product Engineering by Stuart Pugh as they are classics.

3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

Good day
    @karly Chester; May I inquire as to why you wish to create a "...plan template"?

4. Karly Chester Etzel

It's one of our DHF requirements and we want to have a minimum of information required. We have a project charter that's reasonably comprehensive. I'm just looking for what information I'm maybe missing on the project charter that we would need for a DDP.

thanks!

5. Karly Chester Etzel

Thank you for your reply. I will have to consult the engineering department to see if they have any similar resources.