Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Competence Requirements for Internal Auditors

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by Laura N., Jun 3, 2020.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. Member

Actually, I see a lot of blowing of one's own trumpets around here. And a lot of accusing anyone who doesn't challenge every disagreement with the auditor all the way to the CB management as "bending" or "allowing auditors to go unchecked" etc. etc. ad nauseum.

In my real world, I have to, as Golfman said, "pick my battles" because, as I said earlier, there are 2 things I need to do, and do as efficiently as possible: 1. do what I need to do to help the company, and 2. satisfy the registrar auditor so we get/keep our cert. And actually there is a 3rd thing I need to do -- keep earning a paycheck (hopefully while avoiding a stress-induced coronary in the process).

Last year I battled the auditor on 2 NCs, and he ignored me and wrote them up. I advised our President (3 levels above me) to dispute them and was told "no" -- go along to get along. I had another registrar auditor review the NC's and tell me he would have disputed them, too, but guess what? It ain't my company, I don't get to ultimately decide. I like getting a paycheck more than winning a battle.

I also disputed audit hours and auditor assignments with the CB and "won" that battle.

Win some, lose some, decide some ain't worth the fight.

That's my real world. YMMV

2. Laura N.

Laura N. Member

Thank you again for all the information from everyone.

I was looking for everyone's thoughts and that is exactly what I got. This is exactly why I joined this group.

I have 2 weeks until stage 2, I am off to get all our ducks in a row and I will let you know what our results are.

What an exciting time we are in aren't we?

My very best to everyone! :)

Laura N.

3. John C. Abnet

John C. Abnet Well-Known Member

I appreciate your positive attitude @Laura N . Glad to have you in the group .

Be well

Laura N. and Andy Nichols like this.