Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Changing CB?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Certification Body Relationship' started by Katrijn, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Katrijn

Katrijn Member

I'm not too happy with our CB.
    The quality of our last two audits was very poor, but my main reason is their lack of customer service.

They are almost impossible to reach for even questions on planning dates for audits... not even talking about discussing audit plans or NC's...

Is there anything I should know before I cut ties with them?

What are possible consequences of doing this?
    Downsides of starting a new certificate cycle with a different CB?
    ??

thanks for your advice

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

The only real consequences are possible contractual obligations - they may, for example, still want you to pay for the audits you should have had. Check you contract. In other respects, as long as you don't have open acs, then it is an Accreditation requirement that the 2 CBs work together to transfer your certificate.

Downsides are all the issues you currently experience, really. Take all those problems and ask what your new CB will do to avoid them! Not just the sales folks, either. Schedule calls to customer service and operations to discuss with them.

Anna Wagstaffe likes this.