1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Certification For Electronics Equipment used in Process Industry

Discussion in 'Manufacturing and Related Processes' started by Hassan Haroon, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Hassan Haroon

Hassan Haroon New Member

Hello,

I am engineering student and i have developed a safe positioning(Redundant) system that will be later used in the manufacturing & process industry. I need to know which kind of certification will be needed for this kind of system? And what have to be done to make it certified? i am totally new to this thing and i dont have any idea about the certifications.

Regards,
    H.H

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Hassan, welcome!
    I had a similar question many years ago and I did this: I found the national safety/standards body for my country and contacted them about the International Standards which may be applied to the product. Of course, they will need to know which countries you intend selling the product in, as each has its own regulations, from warning labels, to interlocks, electrical and (radio) interference. I suggest you start with your national safety/standards body.

3. Hassan Haroon

Hassan Haroon New Member

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for your reply. Actually i am a student and needed to start my Master thesis. I need to develop an Indoor positioning system that need to be certified later so i have to write the certification schemes. Do i need to know about the requirement before developing the system or after developing? Thanks
    P.S i am really sorry for remaining inactive for so many days due to other tasks.

4. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

You will have the basic electrical certification required by UL, CSA, NEMA, IEC, CE declaration of conformity to various directives, China CCC, and many other country specific regulations. Then you will have SIL ratings and specialty certifications including ATEX (for potentially explosive atmospheres) and marine, and many others.

5. Hassan Haroon

Hassan Haroon New Member

Thanks Miner for your reply.. Let me take a look.. thanks again