1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Can i transfer registrar anytime?

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Warren Mason, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Warren Mason

Warren Mason Member

Hello,
    I am wanting to change registrar and wanted to know if I could do that at anytime?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Not without penalty. The rules really require you to wait until the re-assessment. It's to stop suppliers "hopping" to another CB when they don't like the results (major nonconformities). In practice clients want to change because of crappy auditors! If you do try to change over BEFORE the triennial reassessment, you'd have to have an appeal in to the IAOB, plus you'd likely have to start over. It's really not in your interests.

If you are having auditor issues - not really CB issues (hard to distinguish sometimes, I know) - then complain, loud and long.

Nikki likes this.
  3. Warren Mason

Warren Mason Member

The CB we are using is charging twice as much as the other CB's. We don't have any findings and no issues. $20,000 for four day is crazy for one auditor.

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Really? In the USA an IATF audit day rate is right around $1,500. Are there fees or travel included in the day rate. Difficult to compare costs when CBs don't follow a common format for fees etc.

5. Gre19

Gre19 New Member

You need to stay with your CB for at least 2 years and 9 months before hopping.

You can change in the middle of the audit cycle but the audit time for this transfer audit Will be equal to a re-cert so it will cost you more.