1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Business process

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Lafir Ali Rinos, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Lafir Ali Rinos

Lafir Ali Rinos Member

Is it recommendable / acceptable to have individual manual for QMS and Business process (if willing to have a manual)
    I may feel it should be integrated as possible.

Give your comments

Thanks

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

They should be the same. ISO 9001 has been moving to support that business processes ARE the QMS...

3. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I feel the same. The intent of clause 5.1.1c is for top management to ensure that the organization's quality management system processes are integrated with its business processes and not treated as add-on or conflicting activities. (See also ISO/TS 9002:2016)

4. pkfraser

pkfraser Active Member

Andy
    Not sure that business processes are the the only elements of a management system. Or that a QMS is the business processes. I would suggest that a QMS includes those elements of a business process that impact on quality - so not all tasks in a process, and not all processes in a(the) business management system.

5. Andy Nichols

I never used ONLY - not sure why you did. The fact is that ISO 9001:2015 is supposed to be about business processes. So, to answer the OP, that's what he should be considering.

6. pkfraser

pkfraser Active Member

Andy
    That's how I read <business processes ARE the QMS>. To me, structure and resources are also elements of a QMS (what is needed to establish an organisation’s policy and objectives and to achieve those objectives). By the way, I understand that ISO are considering a change to the definition of a management system which may not make things much clearer...

7. Andy Nichols

Since this is an ISO 9001:2015 forum, ISO 9001 and the QMS is about product conformity being managed with the intent of meeting customer (incl regulatory) requirements, anything else, such as finance isn't, therefore, included, usually having to meet other requirement.