1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Books - How to improve auditing questions etc

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by WelshRambler, Jan 24, 2024.

1. WelshRambler

WelshRambler New Member

Hi

Please could you help? I'm currently trying to improve my auditing skills by how I ask questions to the person I'm interviewing.

Evening All
    Does anyone have any recommendations on books for auditors please?

I'm trying to improve the questions I ask during audits and the way they are asked etc.

I'm currently reading People Power by Karen J Hewitt

There's also a book I want to read about how to talk to people but can't find the title of it right now. Maybe it's called "how to talk to anyone"......

Any help would be great thanks

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Welsh Rambler! Your question is something I am very interested in and am currently working on, to improve auditor training. Later this year I hope to publish a new book on Internal Auditing with that research.
    I’m not sure about books on questioning, per se, however, there are some really good YouTube videos, including the basics from Litmos Heroes such as this: then there’s this one I reference, too:
    and also this one: https://youtu.be/ygmP0fAJWwo?si=A3cwpbZTp2asBrb5

3. Golfman25

Golfman25 Well-Known Member

My advice as an auditee, is don't ask the answer. Ask the question you're trying to explore.

For example, if I had a dollar for every time I was asked "Can I see your management review meeting minutes?" The question should be "how do you document your management reviews?" The first presumes I do the whole meeting minutes thing. And then I have to "defend" why we don't do it that way. The other allows me to explain what we do and how we do it.

4. Andy Nichols

That’s a typical external auditor question. That’s a lost cause…:D

WelshRambler likes this.
  5. Andy Nichols

There are 3 quite different (Quality) auditing roles. Which one are you specifically interested in?