1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Before the wheels come off...

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Andy Nichols, Mar 15, 2024.

1. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

2. yodon

yodon Well-Known Member

Probably, but boy does this seem ripe for auditor overstepping.

3. Andy Nichols

It has potential, perhaps. Experience shows that the whole of section 4. of the ANNEX SL is avoided by (CAB) auditors so I don't see much "risk" there, to be honest. When I see the types of audit findings published by the likes of IATF and folks asking (in forums) about the types of NC reported by their CAB auditors, they seem stuck on the low hanging fruit...

4. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

I have observed many CAB auditors looking for a matrix that has a listing of the various internal and external issues that organizations have identified as relevant and the actions that the organizations are supposed to take to address the issues. :mad:

ISO standards, particularly 9001, only requires the organization to "consider" the issues. To wit:
    • 4.3 - When determining this scope, the organization shall consider: the external and internal issues referred to in 4.1;
    • 6.1.1 - When planning for the QMS, the organization shall consider the issues referred to in 4.1:
    • 9.3.2b - The management review shall be planned and carried out taking into consideration: changes in external and internal issues that are relevant to the QMS.
    I pray that CAB auditors will not overstep and ask questions like "What actions have you taken to address climate change?" :eek:

Bev D and Andy Nichols like this.
  5. Bev D

Bev D Moderator Staff Member

Very well said! There is a huge difference (and bias) in asking “did you consider how climate affects your QMS and how your QMS might affect climate change?” and “what actions did you take to address climate change?”. One is required, the other isn’t.

tony s and Andy Nichols like this.
  6. Andy Nichols

I saw someone (already) trying to sell a Green House Gas emissions calculator to "meet" the requirement...