1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

AS9102 section 4.5.c.

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by ShannonM21, Feb 3, 2021.

1. ShannonM21

ShannonM21 New Member

Requirement: Verify that the raw material and special process certifications call out the correct specification, material types, conditions, and approvals.

Question: Does "raw material" include paint material certs from the manufacturer of the paint (i.e., PPG) for paint applied to my products by an approved subcontractor?

My facility subcontracts paint and processing to approved vendors and have always included the vendor's COC for paint and processing within our AS9102 FAI's. I am now being asked to include the special processors COC and all applicable paint material certs.

2. Jake_E

Jake_E Member

Your supplier should be able to provide the COC's from the paint manufacturer. They should have received it when they received in the paint. We have some customers that require the Paint CoC as well as the processor CoC. It depends upon the customer requirements on what we send them.