1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

AS9100D "Measurement Traceability" Section 7.1.5.2

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by DMQualityManager, Nov 7, 2018.

1. DMQualityManager

DMQualityManager New Member

Hey All,

I have questions on this section specifically on the statement below:
    " The organization shall determine if the validity of previous measurement results has been adversely affected when measuring equipment is found to be unfit for its intended purpose, and shall take appropriate action as necessary"

I had a finding on my last audit because I didn't have a system in place to track "product" that has been measured with a specific calibration tool when the tool is found to fail up to its last calibration cycle. I created a system that works however it is very cumbersome. My question is ... Does anyone have any experience using a barcode system to scan tools that will trace when the tool was used to verify product and link it to a shop traveler? I would like to setup a barcode scanner so that my inspectors can simply scan the tool and scan the job traveler they are working on so that we can easily go back in and find what product was verified by what tool on what date. Any help on this or pointing me to a website or software that is capable of this would be much appreciated. It would be ideal if I could purchase a scanner and set up excel to track all this for me, I just am having problems finding anything online at this point.
    Please advise.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Can I clarify, first, when you say "fail up to its last calibration cycle" what that means?