1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

A talk, or phone call, objective evidence?

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Qualmx, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Theodora Rondozai

Theodora Rondozai New Member

I totally agree on context and risk assessment. I was basing my assertion on OP saying in "an area where employeeS are not wearing safety glasses, and it is clearly a NC", implying that safety glasses are a requirement set by the organisation that is being generally ignored. It didn't sound like a once off, slap-on-the-forehead situation, which of course would not warrant an NC. I also agree with the comment that it's not a quality issue, but the example seemed to be from an ISO 19011 point of view.

2. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

It is a question about audit scope, which is required prior to the audit and should not be overstepped in order to keep the confidence of auditees. We need to avoid "berry picking" when we can; just keep in mind nothing prevents you from bringing the issue to responsible persons and letting them handle it.

However, if the quality procedure includes a section about safety requirements, including PPE (which I have seen) and the process people are not wearing the PPE required in the quality procedure, you are still within scope as long as that procedure is included.

Qualmx likes this.