1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

A first course in Quality Engineering - Study guide

Discussion in 'Professional Certifications and Degrees' started by Hassaan Ali, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Hassaan Ali

Hassaan Ali New Member

Hello fellas

I have started to read the book "A first course in Quality Engineering" by Krishnamoorthi. I wonder if you guys can guide me how to read because this book seems to be a bible of quality engineering and management. For example, which chapters are critical to read and what to skip. My goal is to establish a solid foundation in quality engineering. It would be very nice if someone who already has gone through or has read this book in some course could suggest me some reading outline. Let me tell you that I already have gone through some statistical process control course which gave me knowledge about control charts, capability analysis, MSA etc. I am working as a process engineer and a MS in material science.
    Every effort is appreciated.

//Hassaan

2. Miner

Miner Moderator Staff Member

I have not read the book, but judging from the table of contents, you are correct. It is similar to Juran's Quality Handbook, which is intended as a "go to" reference.

Quality Engineering can be broken down into four major areas of focus:
    • New product introduction
    • Supply chain quality
    • Process quality
    • Customer quality (returns, problem solving, customer visits, etc,)
    In which of these areas are you most interested? I would guess at process quality, but would like confirmation before I go into great detail.