1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

9001:2015 Implementation - from scratch!

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by Sarah Lou, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Sarah Lou

Sarah Lou New Member

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and also very new to QM. My manager has asked me to get us certified and i am wondering if there are any tips or documents that helped anyone else get certified?

It is obviously such a large job and i have given the beginnings of it my best shot but i find myself floundering now and not sure where to turn next. Thus far, all i have managed to achieve is company procedures, policies, instructions and a document control system.

Am i wasting my time? Or is this an achievable goal for a beginner in the industry or should we just contract out to someone?

Thanks guys!

2. tony s

tony s Well-Known Member

It's a good start to establish your procedures and instructions. But preparation for ISO certification should not be a one-man task. To make your management and key people to have better understanding of the things you need to establish, invite a consultant/trainer to conduct an inhouse 2-day training. This will provide you a more detailed approach on establishing a QMS that is certifiable to ISO 9001.

Sarah Lou likes this.
  3. hogheavenfarm

hogheavenfarm Well-Known Member

As Tony said, it is perfectly doable. Beware of the attitude that "Its the quality guys job to get us certified". Unfortunately this is prevalent, but getting certified is really a team effort, involving all key players of the company. "If its a one man show, you will have a tough row to hoe."

Sarah Lou likes this.