1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

9001: 1994 to Understanding Version 2015

Discussion in 'ISO 9001:2015 - Quality Management Systems' started by binarysynapse, Jun 27, 2018.

1. binarysynapse

binarysynapse New Member

Hello All

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, Some years ago my career was within 9001:1994, as a Quality Manager\Lead Assessor. I've written manuals and implemented them to the 1994 standard and was very comfortable around that version. I took the courses offered back then and have some certificates. I left that career path in 2000 and went into Program Office Management, and I've eventually found myself in IT infrastructure....go figure!

So now I'm wanting to return to ISO 9001 and want to bring myself up to speed on v2015 and get certificated as a lead assessor. My current company is not certified but looking into it and this may be an opportunity to revive my career, They know little of my back ground, so my approach is one of, get up to date and sell myself

There's lots of information out there, but I really need on the ground advice from people in the field, so if I may ask of you the following considering my circumstances:

What would be a good book on 9001:2015 as an implementation guideline?
    and what are considered the best "online" or physical training institutes to get certified?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer

Kindest regards

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! A blast from the past if you worked on the 1994 version. Frankly, I'd suggest NOT buying a book. There are a brazillion of them and finding one which has any basis of REAL implementation experience, rather than simply restating the standard will be difficult - IMHO. Secondly, when you say "Certified" do you mean as an auditor? If you mean getting a certificate of attendance at a class, then simply find an IRCA or other properly accredited class. You can review the standard and learn new, exciting ways to audit (or not, as the case may be)!
    If you get into problems wit things like section 4.0 the Context of the Org, come back and post your question here. (I beat you, by one edition of ISO 9001, BTW)