1. Hello and Welcome to The Quality Forum Online...Continuing in the spirit of People Helping People !
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

8.5.6.1 control of changes

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by noorsu, May 22, 2018.

1. noorsu

noorsu New Member

hi all,
    i am newbie in automotive industry.
    may i know, under this clause iatf 8.5.6.1, is it only applicable for changes to part design, manufacturing location and manufacturing process?
    how about if there is change to machine parameter or added new control item such as parameter spec?
    are these fall under this clause?

2. johnnymo77

johnnymo77 Member

I think the answer is yes. In the paragraph that starts with the word "Changes" it says: (such as changes to part design, manufacturing location, or manufacturing process).

A new control item is definitely a manufacturing process change. Machine parameters are usually manufacturing process changes also.

These both also require a new PPAP.

3. Jayaprakash

Jayaprakash New Member

Change in machine parameters, Its doesn't matter whether it affect product quality. we may have to update the control plan and communicate to customer. However if we got the waiver from our customer not to notify them when there is no change in product quality. Then we can ignore.

Better to clarify while conducting contract review with customer or through CSR review.