1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

§7.3.2.2 & § 7.3.3.2 Input and output for process design

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by Sandro, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Sandro

Sandro New Member

Dear all,
    I understood that Elsmar Cove is finally closed and now the best way to share information is this nice forum.

Now I face some questions with ISO TS auditor related to input data and output data that are mentioned into the specification. In particular I've some doubt about the input elements like process capability and cost. Are they referred to the capability to manufacture products with the same characteristics level, and piece cost or machine/line cost?
    At the ssame I've some doubt abot the output elements such as data for quality, reliability, maintability and measurability. They are not clear to me.

Can someone give me suggestion or example to better understand with data have to be provided as input and output as well?

Thank you very much.
    Sandro
    :):):):D:D:D

2. Amit B

Amit B New Member

Helll Sandro!!

Please keep in mind, these measures are needed to check whether we can maintain quality & make profits from designed Mfg. process.
    Specified below what we use in our organization. This may vary in your organization, hence provided with examples.

Input Data (To be provided prior to Mfg. Process Design) :
    Process Capability: How much process capability Index you want to achieve (Eg. Cp =/>1.67, Cpk=/>1.67)
    Cost: What should be manufacturing cost of X Part (i.e. Observed during APQP- Production trial run)
    Productivity: What should be the rate of Productivity (Eg. 100 Nos / Shift)

Output Data (To be measured after designing Mfg. Process & production trial run):
    Quality: What was the defective % Or PPM & was it within acceptance level
    Maintainability: Any maintenance activity carried out during production trial run (Eg. Dressing of spotting tips, etc.) . And is this maintenance cost acceptable ? Even after spending money & time on maintenance, we should be able to make profits. You can add maintenance time as a measure of this.
    Measurability: We use PIST (Percent Inspection Points That Satisfy Tolerance) to measure this .
    Reliability: We use Quality measure for reliability. Not sure if this reliability measure correct. But I think it helps us.

3. Sandro

Sandro New Member

Dear Amit,
    thank you very much for your reply. I think I get now an idea of elements I need to take into account for process design input.

Best regards.
    :D:D