1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Dataloger calibration

Discussion in 'ISO 17025 - Calibration and Test Laboratories' started by Carlos Samaniego, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Carlos Samaniego

Carlos Samaniego New Member

At the AB assessment to my calibration lab, the auditor settled a non conformity due to the data loggers we use to measure environmental conditions (temperature and humidity) were calibrated for an external laboratory accredited to calibrate thermometers and hygrometers but its accreditation scope does not include data loggers. We discussed with the auditor that there is no difference between to calibrate a thermometer and a data logger for a calibration lab, but the auditor did not accepted reasons.

What is your opinion folks?

I have searched for a lab accredited to calibrate data loggers and I have not find any neither in USA nor even in some european countries.

2. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the data logger? That's usually a good starting point.

3. Englishman Abroad

Englishman Abroad Member

Carlos,

I assume that the temperature is measured with some sort of thermocouple and then (the voltage created) recorded as a temperature by the data logger.

Can your current calibration lab calibrate the whole system (thermocouple and data logger) together, rather than separately?

4. Carlos Samaniego

5. Carlos Samaniego

Te calibration certificate presents results for the system as a whole: as the error between a reference value and the data logger indication and similar for the humidity.

6. equilibrium

equilibrium Member

My understanding of data loggers is admittedly somewhat limited, but I don't personally see the need to specifically list data them in the accreditation scope. By itself, isn't the data logger basically a box with numbers? Again, this is just my opinion.

I did happen to find Control Solutions, Inc.

This is NOT an endorsement as I have never done business with them, but as they appear to be accredited they could probably speak to this point.

I hope someone finds this helpful.