1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Training Requirements for *New Hires*

Discussion in 'AS 91XX - Aerospace Quality Standards' started by MikeR, Feb 10, 2023.

1. MikeR

MikeR Member

Hello,
    If it exists (I don't believe it does), can you point me to the requirement for training, specific to *new hires*?
    I am only aware of general competency as cited in 7.2.

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

No such thing. Who is asking? A CB auditor?

3. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

Hello MikeR,

New hires are starting at the beginning, so there should reasonably be some effort to make them aware of the policy, what's required of them to fulfill customer requirements, how they can tell if it is going well or not, and what to do with nonconforming outcomes.

Everything after that is specific to their responsibilities. There is no requirement for employees to learn about ISO unless they have responsibility to support the standard, for example internal auditors.

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
  4. Andy Nichols

Which is why the requirements state “awareness”. Training is different and can be used to develop competencies. Per the OP, there’s no requirement for new hire training.

5. Jennifer Kirley

Jennifer Kirley Moderator Staff Member

I don't care what you call it. The evolution of making people aware of their responsibilities can take any form, but in today's business environment typically happens in some sort of training venue. Of course there are other ways. If it could be taken in the form of a pill I feel sure organizations would happily do so.

6. Andy Nichols

Maybe you don’t. Maybe the OP does. In QMS all kinds of confusion is caused when concepts are not understood. Take calibration and verification. People misuse those words all the time. Same with documents and records. However, the English language assigns different meanings to the words competency, training and awareness. Being aware of something is not the same as training. As any instructional designer will confirm.

Jennifer Kirley likes this.