1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Supplier Audit Verification

Discussion in 'VDA Standards - Verband der Automobilindustrie' started by YASEER BIN ROSDI, Jan 16, 2023.

1. YASEER BIN ROSDI

YASEER BIN ROSDI Member

Hi All,

Good morning from Malaysia,

I would like to ask a question.

In VDA 6.3, P5 it requires our company to conduct supplier audit to our supplier which supplies automotive components to our customer.

As a QA engineer from a small industry, conducting a supplier audit to a big or giant supplier is quite intimidating. So, we opt to conduct supplier audit via self-assessment audit and hand it to our supplier.

After the supplier fill in the self-assessment audit report, we need to verify in order to close the report to mark audit is completed. May I know what is the necessary documents/evidence for supplier to provide in order for us to close the supplier audit report ? e.g ISO certificate, masterlist ?

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Does it state this somewhere?

3. YASEER BIN ROSDI

YASEER BIN ROSDI Member

Hi Andy, it does not state clearly. However because of this is the first time we are conducting supplier audit via self-assessment audit report, we do not know on how to close the audit report with evidences. Does evidences needed ? If yes, what are the essential documents that our supplier need to provide?

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yaseer, what does your procedure/process for supplier assessment require? If there's nothing in VDA which states records/maintained documented information is required to be verified, then I'm not sure that you need evidence. I understand that if a supplier claims to be ISO 9001 certified for example, you'll need a copy of their certificate, but I'm not sure that you must "close the audit report"...

YASEER BIN ROSDI likes this.