1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Risk Analysis & Preventive Action

Discussion in 'FMEA - Failure Modes and Effects Analysis' started by CANAA, Nov 2, 2022.

1. CANAA

CANAA New Member

Hi
    I work in a company that produces bicycle spare parts and bicycles.
    We are a welded, machining company.
    Can you share a sample risk analysis suitable for this sector?
    Have a nice day

2. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

I’ve moved this post from the IATF forum.
    Welding and machining processes can be evaluated fairly easily, using an FMEA. Those failure modes can easily be determined by your own people, when performing a PFMEA.
    Can I ask why you think you need a risk analysis?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  3. CANAA

CANAA New Member

Hi
    I am new in metal industry
    I worked in the cleaning industry for 4.5 years in the previous company.
    I am trying to establish the quality system in the metal sector company I am currently working for. I want it to be an example.
    The reason I asked for specific risk analysis before was because they questioned product-based risk analysis in supplier audits.
    I've worked in the company before, and I'm looking more specifically at the quality system, as I passed both haccp and brc consume product audits.
    Have a nice day

4. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Yes, customers are frequently interested in knowing the risk of you making a bad product. They don't want to try to inspect your product because it adds cost and doesn't catch problems.

I would suggest that you establish a team of people involved in the two main processes and follow the Process FMEA method. It's fun and is very useful to go from the Process Flow > PFMEA and then establish the Control Plan for machining and welding. Beware that, by simply copying what others have done will NOT be beneficial. And YOU will not be successful.

https://asq.org/quality-resources/fmea

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022