1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

Preventative action challenges

Discussion in 'IATF 16949:2016 - Automotive Quality Systems' started by russell nugent, Jan 23, 2023.

1. russell nugent

russell nugent Active Member

Over the past couple of years I have noticed a common difficulty in placing robust preventative action in areas listed below . Does anyone have suggestions in how to prevent these common occurrences apart from disciplinary.

Documentation not being filled out properly
    Job analysis records missing entries
    Safety sign off not complete

qmr1976 likes this.
  2. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

We've created several apps in Powerapps that require certain fields to be completed. It won't let the user continue or save the form until all required fields have been entered. You can also create forms inside Microsoft Teams that will apply the same functionality. That would address the missing/incomplete issue. To address documents not being filled out correctly, you can use the same solution but design the form to have a drop down box with only the options you want the user to pick from. This not only guarantees the correct response, but also provides standardization for reporting purposes.

tony s likes this.
  3. russell nugent

russell nugent Active Member

Thanks for reply , I have seen electronic blocking before or something similar . I suppose until we are set up for that there may be issues with corrective actions .

4. qmr1976

qmr1976 Well-Known Member

Understood...from a manual aspect could you implement a verification step? Someone has to review document for correctness prior to signing?

Andy Nichols likes this.
  5. RoxaneB

RoxaneB Moderator Staff Member

100% verification is an option to consider until an electronic gatekeeping system can be implemented.

I'd offer an audit of documentation. We pull x-number of documents each month and record the conformance of each field on the document. You may discover conformance issues with one particular form (or help prioritize your focus) or even one particular field or two. In that case, you could engage the users and gain their feedback on the form. Maybe there is a reason why they're not completing the document (i.e., awareness, perceived redundancy, they think there's a better way, etc.).

tony s likes this.