1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
You must be a registered member in order to post messages and view/download attached files in this forum.
Click here to register.

PPAP Lvl 3 for Non-Automotive

Discussion in 'APQP and PPAP' started by QLRWQMS, Oct 12, 2021.

1. QLRWQMS

QLRWQMS New Member

Hi, we've received a request for documents to support a level 3 PPAP, but we are not an Automotive company so this will be the first time putting together documents for it. I've attempted to look into it, but since this is within the Automotive standard, everything I can find is specific to the industry.

I know we need a PWS, samples, and complete supporting data. My question is more on the 3rd point. The check lists I've found list all the following items as needed documents for Level 3:
    • Design Records
    • Engineering Change Documents
    • Customer Engineering Approval
    • Design FMEA
    • Process Flow Diagrams
    • Process FMEA
    • Control Plan
    • Measurement System Analysis Studies
    • Dimensional Results
    • Material, Performance Test Results
    • Initial Process Studies
    • Qualified Laboratory Documentation
    • Appearance Approval Report (AAR)
    • Records of Compliance with Customer-Specific Requirements
    Is everything required for a product to be considered an approved PPAP even outside of the automotive industry, or is it just whatever documentation you do have from the list? Eg. If we do not do a design FMEA, does that disqualify that product from being able considered a PPAP approved product?

2. RonR Quality Pro

RonR Quality Pro Active Member

If you are not design responsible, then you can include a statement sheet to this effect.

3. Andy Nichols

Andy Nichols Moderator Staff Member

Who asked for this? Did you enter into this with a contractual agreement to fulfill the PPAP?